Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

In loving memory of a wonderful father. It is funny what the mind chooses to remember... one thing I can remember about my daddy is, one winter evening when I was probably 13 or 14ish, I made us some hot cocoa. I gave him his cup of hot cocoa and he took a sip... I went and got mine and took a sip. Yuk... apparently you don't make hot cocoa w/ just water & Hershey's cocoa... It wasn't until I said something that he told me "well I wasn't going to say anything"... He was going to just drink it and not hurt my feelings... Needless to say, we didn't drink that hot cocoa...
The last picture taken of him...
Daddy and the "original" Bingo...
What a cute couple... the best in the world!!!
A member of 103rd Division, 410 Inf. Reg. Co. C
Click on pic
8th Grade Picture...

Miss you and love you very, very much !!!
Wish you were here...

1 comment:

Mema said...

How sweet, I don't remember the hot cocoa thing.

Yes, he was very much loved, and missed every day.

It has been 10 years since he left us, and sometimes it seem like yesterday, then again, eons.

How I wish he were still here.