Monday, September 01, 2008

All Squared Up...

This weekend was Chaparral at Love Civic Center & we had such a good time... We went Friday from 3 - 4pm for the first get acquainted dance I guess you'd call it & then back that night for more dancing from 8pm - 10:30pm. Saturday was a full day of dancing... there was a workshop from 10:30 - noon & then more from 1:30 - 3pm. We did learn some new moves that we would get to use that night. We were back at 7:30pm & danced until 10:30pm & then an after dance party from 10:45 - midnight. We danced every tip (there are 2 dances per tip) w/ the exception of 2 tips during the workshops... We were wore out but had a super great time!!!
Here is a group shot of all the North Star 8 couples that were there Saturday night. Can you find us? :) The man in the white shirt standing to the left of Larry is, I think 84 yrs old!!! He is a great dancer & I just hope we are still dancing like that when we are 84!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are a festive looking bunch! Hey, I know the Merritt's and Marsha Ann and is the older gentleman Marsha's Dad?

Denise said...

Yes that is Marshall, Marsha's dad... He is a real hoot to dance with...

Anonymous said...

I bet he is! I haven't seen him a good while, but I thought it was him. Marsha was a grade ahead of me in school. I run into her every now and again.

I bet you all are having a great time! So glad you are enjoying your dancing and bike riding!

Mema said...

Looks like a fine group of dancers. Brings back memories. You look so cute in that dress. I wish now I had come out and watched. Love you both.

Kari said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Can't wait till we get to go watch y'all next year!! :D

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so cute! We'll have to come out and watch you dance sometime. Maybe you could incorporate Sophie's Chicken Wing move into one of your routines!!

Anonymous said...

whoa!! that is a WORK OUT! y'all are amazing! I don't think I could have lasted - or looked so cute doing it!